Student Access for Improved Learning (SAIL) at Eastern Florida State College serves as a resource for students, faculty, staff and the community and strives to eliminate physical, instructional and attitudinal barriers to create an accessible and inclusive environment for all.
高清一区二区不卡视频_67194成L人在线观看线路In collaboration with faculty, staff and administration, the SAIL team ensures that EFSC students with documented disabilities have equal access to programs and services and that reasonable accommodations are provided so that students may reach their individual potential. In order to maximize college outcomes (and beyond), SAIL encourages students to be self-advocates, be proactive and to fully engage in their learning by utilizing the array of services and resources provided at EFSC.
We're here to help: Start by clicking your category
Click to reveal more info
高清一区二区不卡视频_67194成L人在线观看线路We are pleased to provide this web resource as a guide to the services available to students with disabilities here at Eastern Florida State College. EFSC students who may need accommodations or services due to a documented disability should contact a SAIL office as soon as possible after registering for classes to begin the process and ensure the timely provision of support.
• Understand the transition from high school to college and the impact on the accommodation process and services
Current EFSC Students
Once an accommodation plan has been put in place, stay in touch with your SAIL access specialist. It's a good idea to touch base at least once per semester to review your progress and plan for the next term. Click here to review the accommodation request process that includes steps for maintaining or changing your plan.
• Don't forget that Teacher Notifications are not automatic and must be sent out each semester! Make sure you contact a SAIL Access Specialist (by phone, email or appointment) to ask them to send out your Teacher Notifications prior to the start of each semester.
• Review Your Rights & Responsibilities related to the accommodation process
• Understand the Substitution Policies & Appeal Process that impacts your accommodation plan -- you'll do this by talking with a SAIL office representative so get in touch if you have questions about substituting a course, requirement or other process due to a disability.
• Check out these helpful resources:高清一区二区不卡视频_67194成L人在线观看线路 Find info and links to more information on everything from our academic support services available to all students, such as tutoring, note and test taking tips, email accessibility, and much more.
高清一区二区不卡视频_67194成L人在线观看线路The Student Access for Improved Learning (SAIL) team is dedicated to supporting students with disabilities in obtaining academic accommodations to aid them in reaching their goals. As a parent or family member of a student with a disability, we have included some resources to help you better understand the transition process from high school to college.
College life poses different challenges and responsibilities for students and this
may be especially true for students with disabilities. When students enroll in college,
they are considered and treated as responsible adults by faculty and staff and must
self-advocate for themselves. Students must become adept at realistically assessing
and understanding their strengths, weaknesses, needs and preferences. Also, they must
become experts at communicating this information to other adults including instructors
and service providers. Although services will be available to them through the Student
Access for Improved Learning (SAIL) department, students will be responsible for seeking
out these services and supports. Good communication skills and knowledge about oneself
become crucial to success in college.
Ask yourself these two questions and let your answers guide your interactions as you help your child navigate the transition:
- How well does my child describe disability information?
- How well does my child self-advocate?
High School to College Transition
It’s important to note the significant differences between the services provided in high school and college. View our SAIL webpage高清一区二区不卡视频_67194成L人在线观看线路 that describes the differences in the accommodation process and compares available services.
Understanding the SAIL Process
EFSC wants parents and families to be aware of the process our team uses to evaluate a student's need for accommodations. Click here to review the steps we follow and you can also view our Frequently Asked Questions page高清一区二区不卡视频_67194成L人在线观看线路. Remember that under federal privacy guidelines we cannot discuss your student's case with you unless they have listed you on a release of information form submitted to our office.
EFSC Faculty Members
高清一区二区不卡视频_67194成L人在线观看线路The SAIL office serves as a resource and collaborative partner with all EFSC faculty and departments as you work to accommodate the needs of the College's students. Our team is available for consultation and can meet with you individually or as a part of a department meeting.
Guidelines for EFSC Faculty
高清一区二区不卡视频_67194成L人在线观看线路1. Understand that once a student is qualified to receive accommodations, the college is legally responsible to ensure that the accommodations are provided.
2. Remember that academic accommodations are designed to enable students with disabilities to have access to the same programs and services available to other students, and to have their performances evaluated without the limiting effects of disability.
3. When accommodations are approved, you will be notified through EFSC's Teacher Notification Process. Be sure to verify receipt of the Teacher Notification Forms sent to you by SAIL. If accommodations include Testing/Exam Accommodations, view the information on that process for you and your students.
高清一区二区不卡视频_67194成L人在线观看线路4. Add a statement to your syllabus such as: Students with documented disabilities, who wish to receive academic accommodations for this course, must first register with Student Access for Improved Learning (SAIL) in order to begin the accommodation process.
高清一区二区不卡视频_67194成L人在线观看线路5. Be proactive by designing course work that will meet the needs of a majority of learners. Provide lecture notes, identify note-takers in each class, make copies of power point presentations, prerecord lectures and provide access to all students. These universally designed practices help ALL students.
高清一区二区不卡视频_67194成L人在线观看线路• For more information, sponsored by the University of Washington’s DO-IT Project for accommodation strategies, faculty resources and more.
• Learn about Universal Design高清一区二区不卡视频_67194成L人在线观看线路 and its important role in providing accessibility to all students.
Have you requested Teacher Notifications (TN)?
Remember TNs are not sent automatically. Students must request, in writing, that their TNs be sent out EACH semester. Email any of the SAIL Access Specialists through your Titan email (don’t forget to put your full name and B# in the email, as well as which instructors you want your notifications sent to) or visit any SAIL office and fill out a short form. Get more details on the TN Process.